Code Of Rights
To ensure Comcare establishes the rights of consumers and complies with the ‘Code of Rights’ under the Health & Disability Commissioner Act 1994.
Comcare staff will comply with and inform all people who use their services of their rights under the Health & Disability Commissioner Act, which are:
- To be treated with dignity and respect
- To privacy and confidentiality
- To support and advocacy that upholds their human rights to independence, equal access to resources, safety and quality of life
- To make the decisions about the services they receive and make choices about whether they use a service based on a good understanding of the consequences of such decisions
- To decline to take part in any research or evaluation without this affecting the service they receive
- To choose to have their families/whanau/significant others involved in their support/care planning
- To know the names and roles of the people involved in the services they use
- To get information in a way that can be understood
- To see any information Comcare has about them, to know how it is used and how to correct any errors
- To have any complaints taken seriously and be treated fairly and quickly.