Code Of Rights
To ensure Comcare establishes the rights of consumers and complies with the ‘Code of Rights’ under the Health & Disability Commissioner Act 1994.
Comcare staff will comply with and inform all people who use their services of their rights under the Health and Disability Commissioner (Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights) Regulations 1996 (the Code), which are:
- Right to be treated with respect
- Right to freedom from discrimination, coercion, harassment, and exploitation
- Right to dignity and independence
- Right to services of an appropriate standard
- Right to effective communication
- Right to be fully informed
- Right to make an informed choice and give informed consent
- Right to support
- Rights in respect of teaching and research
- Right to complain.